Drones are remote control(RC) flying device by which we can see the world in a new way. We can enjoy the drone in the pilot point of view by becoming the first person viewing(FPV). If you ever have dreamt about competing in the air race or performing tricks then just enter the world of drones. We prefer small and light drones which are of low cost for beginners. Bigger and heavier drones are more stable to fly outdoors. For excellent aerial footage and video, we use advanced drones. Drones are designed to support camera except for toy drones. Even they can support for lift capacity and if payload exceeds the drone flight time reduces. Check this 3DR Solo Review which is an advanced drone and has an excellent aerial photography.
Overview of 3D Robotics Solo Quadcopter
The 3D Robotics has a lot more advanced features which suit best in today’s world. Drones have more applications which are always in our daily basis. Solo Quadcopters are well suited for aerial photography and for capturing video to save our cherish moments. We can share our adventures through photos and videos. The newbie can also fly this drone. Solo exceeds the minimum threshold which delivers high-end performance. The company also provides spare propellers, i.e., clockwise and counter-clockwise. The software and hardware of the 3DR have more opportunity to expand.
3DR Solo Review
If you want to know more details about Solo, just check this 3DR Solo Review. Solo 3DR is one of the smart drones with a lot more advanced features. Here is the brief description about 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-axis gimbal for GoPro.
- Drone Footage depicts no matter what which is mesmerizing.
- Hackers can tinker with the both hardware and software which is an impressive feature.
- Quadcopter also has a Follow Me mode which makes it more exciting.
- Its dual computer flight system makes the drone job easy without having a messy problem.
- Solo has two sides one is human-friendly and customizable.
- The battery can also accommodate bigger cells.
- You can set up excellent shots by Cablecam and orbit.
- In this Solo, we can start and stop recordings or change the camera frame rate or other settings when it is in flight.
- The pause button is like other standard control which helps to stay in stable position when we panic.
- Solo 3DR is the first drone which has a wireless range of unfettered in-flight GoPro access.
- Information Portal have the best, simplest and easiest instructions to follow.
- 3DR Solo has a flexible micro HDMI connector which connects the side of GoPro.
About 3DR Solo
All about Solo 3DR
3DR Solo Gimbal Review and Flight Footage
This feature makes the drone flight automatically around the desired object. This process so simple that we have just to outline the area we want to study and the drone will fly automatically. If you want to take-off the app and the UAV will automatically land itself.
The scan is the mode similar to survey where we have to select the center of the structure and radius. The drone automatically flies at different altitudes to capture all the possible images.
To travel where assets are difficult to reach the Solo 3DR Drone can do its best. The drone and the camera are controlled by Filed Service technicians so that they can spot the camera whenever needed.
We can lock our 3D robotics solo Drone onto a virtual cable and at different altitudes between two points in space. By this process, w can create a straight tracking shot with the ability to pan and tilt the camera. We can memorize our first and last frames and pan the camera between them by just use one stick controller to move our drone up and down.
3DR Solo UAV is also helpful for selfies, first of all, we have to keep the drone away from us and center the camera so that the background fills out.
In this mode, 3DR Solo will come with us by keeping us on track by GPS enabling mobile device. Our drone will come with us from behind, stay our beside or fly ahead.
The Dual computer Flight Control System in Solo 3DR splits the work across two computers resulting in the reduction of mechanical failure in flight. The features like Follow Me and Cablecam are taken up by this flight control system.
As we all know that one button flyings are used to take-off, land and return home automatically. In addition to this, the drone also has a pause button which we can use when we are panic. This Pause button is much more similar like in a video game. We can hold the Solo in a fixed hover by just pressing this pause button and can capture a static shot.
The range of any craft is 400, and they are limited to fly in user-specified radius. In this mode, we specify a predefined limited range so that our drone flies in that area only.
The transmitter controls are so easy that even the beginners can easily understand the controls. The main reason behind the design of the transmitter is that video game controllers develop them.
Solo 3DR has a fully featured app for iOS and Android by which we can control the drone at our fingertips. This drone also includes mobile device holders for smartphones and tablets.
Not only the access of controls but also we can operate the GoPro through the app. For this feature we require Tarot Gimbal to act as an interface.
The 3DR Solo Gimbal is available separately to mount a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 camera. Gimbal also provides us 3-axes stabilization and also allows panning and tilting via controls.
The bright multicolor LEDs make our drone visible at night times and can also caution us which are below each motor. These lights are also visible at daytimes. The red color of LED indicates the front whereas the blue to represent the back. Smaller LEDs can also show the status of the drone like its blinks lightly when the drone is about to start and connected. LEDs blink faster if any malfunction occurs.
This company provides a 30-day money back guarantee when we are not satisfied with the product. In this process, we have to complete a five-question survey to improve their future versions. 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-axis gimbal for GoPro has a warranty of one year.
- The design of the Solo 3DR is very attractive which makes us spellbound to it.
- The beginners can also understand the RC of Solo drone because controller developed the video game professionals.
- This drone is very fast and maneuverable.
- We can have steady shots and sharp video when the drone is flying.
- The product is so durable because it can withstand after many crashes.
- This drone is very easy to operate.
- Drones come with app controller supported by iOS and Android.
- Solo 3DR UAV is expensive, but we can afford it in our budget.
- We require an additional GoPro camera.
- We observe Long recharge times in this 3DR Solo.
- One should register if one’s drone weighs more than 0.55 pounds and you use it in outdoor.
- If an individual is under age 13 someone either parent or guardian who is 13+ can register for you.
- As this product includes small parts we do not recommend this product for children under three years old.
- We should not fly the drone closer to the vehicles, boats or buildings such as away from 30 m.
- Should not fly the UAV over a populated area such as beaches, other person backyards, etc.
- UAVs are not allowed within the radius of 5.5 km of airport or helicopter landing sites.
- Quadcopter should remain in the line of vision entire time we operate the drone.
- Verify whether your GPS signal is strong enough or not.
The accessories in the box of 3DR Solo Drone are:
- Solo Vehicle with 3-axis Gimbal installed.
- The 3DR controller.
- four plus four propellers.
- Smart Battery
- Charger for the Solo 3DR controller.
We install the charged batteries in the drone and fix the propellers. Connect the RC to any smartphone through USB cable which is provided in the box. Our drone is ready to fly either by RC or APP controller.
Only some of the versions support the Gimbal they are:
Solo: 1.2.0 or higher
Solo App: 1.2.0 or higher
GoPro: 3.00.00 or higher
- In the first step, we must remove the frame which is at the bottom of UAV.
- We have to can connect gimbal by the two ways for HDMI cable and the Gimbal Cable.
- After connecting the gimbal with both wires, we have to position each cable to the internal components.
- Sequentially after the above step we have to mount the gimbal.
- Now we have to Install the 3-axis Solo Gimbal and also balance the weights.
- In the last step, we have to go through the gimbal settings.
3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter
5 used from $184.99
- Solo's video game-style controller will feel familiar the second you pick it up, even if you've never flown a drone. Pushbutton commands put both camera and copter at your fingertips. Take off, land or instantly pause your flight midair with a single touch. Click to start and stop recording or snap a photo, even adjust camera angle while you fly
- In case you missed it in the picture...that's a high-quality HDMI port directly from the controller so you can connect Solo to practically any screen you can think of. Refer user manual below
Amazon Customer Reviews
I SOOO wanted to love this drone. I have been a DJI Phantom Pilot for years and have owned every model of Phantom up to the Phantom 3 Pro. I was so frustrated with DJI’s customer service and lack of beta testing new software; I decided to sell my P3 Pro and go with 3DR Solo. I knew I was taking a few steps back in some areas but watched all of Colin’s videos and was convinced the Solo was for me. I also heard many great things about their product support and above all, wanted to support a US-based robotics company. Well, the drone arrived, and software upgrade was painless. Loved that the software can be updated right from the app without any wires.
So Far So Good
First off my brief interaction with 3DR tech support regarding a stick calibration that the controller required was pleasant and thorough (though I am perfectly ok with the electronic correspondence, I could see how it the topic was more serious that it would be far more comforting to speak with an actual human being) The drone is really fun to fly, it really makes you feel comfortable traveling, and because it’s flight characteristics are adjustable it can really be tailored to pilots of all levels.The live feed through the GoPro works very well with what feels like almost no lag. And the range of connectivity between the controller and the drone has been more than adequate for my uses. Only one time has it automatically tried to “return home” and that was when it ran into the custom geofence I had set up.
3D Robotics Rocks
I almost loved it. I wanted to love it. The 3DR Solo is feature rich, and when on sale is priced right…but two things keep me from giving it the five stars of a lover. One; out of the box, it needed an esoteric calibration. An error message indicated that the joysticks were out of range. Tech support was immediately helpful on Monday morning, but I lost a weekend of flying, shooting and playing.
- Easy to control
- App controlled
- No GoPro camera
- Recharge Times