Are you enthusiastic about taking photography and Want to enjoy your skill of photography while flying? Have you ever thought of buying a drone yourself? Drones would be probably a smart idea in taking aerial photography. Then DJI phantom 2 vision Plus is your best camera drone for taking images and aerial photography. You can impress people with your live videos and pictures at marriages, parties, etc. With my personal experience with Phantom 2 vision plus, i would recommend you to buy vision plus. There are many advantages with this Phantom 2 Vision + quadcopter which are listed below. Check Latest Drone reviews 2018 before purchase DJI Drone on Amazon.
- Capture videos and pictures in marriages, parties, etc.,
- We can use Phantom Vision Plus drone for the purpose of aerial surveillance.
- For the purpose of filming also people are using drones.
RTF Phantom 2 Vision Plus Overview
Phantom 2 Vision Plus attracts for its good-looking design and various features. It comes with 5200 mAh LiPo battery, which of type rechargeable battery. Vision Plus has long flight time about 25 mins. The driving distance from the remote controller is upto 1000 meters. The dimensions of FPV Phantom 2 Vision plus is 17*8.1*12.5 inches. A built-in HD camera is attached to the quadcopter, which takes images at 14MP. Phantom vision plus will goes to auto-pilot mode when we set waypoints to reach the destination. The color of RTF phantom two Vision plus drone comes in white color and red stripes on the arms. We can fly this drone in an outdoor environment. This latest DJI Drone Phantom 2 Vision Plus comes with an app-controlled feature.
All about DJI
DJI is a Chinese technology company founded in 2006, well known as a leading producer in drones. The DJI company is also providing its services in different countries such as North America, Japan, Europe, Korea. Products of DJI Drone including UAV, Flying platforms, operating controllers, helicopter accessories, aerial and handheld gimbals, etc. The DJI made its mark in producing advanced and quality based drones.
How to fly Vision + FPV drone
DJI Phantom 2 Vision + FPV Quadcopter Review
I am interested in taking pictures and videos of the environment, so I purchased the DJI Vision Plus RTF Drone. It gave me satisfaction in capturing HD pictures. This Review about Phantom Vision Plus DJI 2 Drones with Camera 2018 gives you all details about their design and other specific features. Here are some illustrations of the features of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone.
- The 3-axis gimbal is for extreme camera stability and silky smooth video recording.
- Phantom 2 Vision + FPV Drone is a lightweight quadcopter weighs about 2.2 pounds.
- The battery capacity is 5200mAh which is a long-lasting battery. The battery in DJI Phantom 2 is very smart that it can hold power-related data like percentage of charge, cell voltage, temperature, current capacity, the number of discharge cycles and more.
- LED lights in this model are not only used to view the UAV in night times but also to caution us about the remaining battery charge.
- Phantom drone 2 includes a new, anti-static compass with a protective shell to help the shield of quadcopter in any flight conditions.
- When the connection between the controller and drone is lost, Phantom 2 Vision + automatically activates a mode called the Return to Home.
- In Phantom 2 DJI, by using 16 waypoint Ground Station System we can program our flight path.
- Hover mode feature gives more protection, i.e., during heavy winds the flight will return to its take-off point.
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone has an excellent feature, i.e.; it can revert to the home location whenever the battery starts discharging.
Features & Specifications of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus
The features & specifications of Phantom 2 Vision Plus camera drone are listed in the given table.
- Super smooth video thanks to the 3-axis gimbal
- Crystal clear stills and live streaming video from the redesigned HD video camera with built-in FPV link
- Extra-long flight times of up to 25 minutes from the intelligent 5,200-mAh battery
- More flight power and security from the high-efficiency self-tightening propellers, redesigned for V3.0
- This is V3.0 which includes an upgraded controller with rechargeable batteries and gimbal control dial, updated motors and more efficient propellers
As mentioned above FPV Phantom 2 Vision Plus quadcopter is a ready-to-fly drone, hence no need to assemble the parts. All you need to do is charge the LiPo battery and place the battery in the battery compartment given. Install DJI Phantom app on your phone to synchronize Vision Plus with your smartphone.
After receiving the package, check whether the following parts are present inside box or not.
- One Phantom Vision Plus Drone
- Remote controller
- HD camera
- 5200 mAh LiPo battery
- Spare screws and wrench
- Propeller pairs
- User manual
- Anti-drop kit
- Micro USB cable and other connectivity elements
- Never charge the battery in a flammable environment, i.e., near to stove.
- Do not remove the Micro SD card when the flight battery is ON.
- Place the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus out of reach of children.
- For beginner flyers, safe propeller guards are recommended for flying this Phantom 2 Vision Plus flight.
- If you want to fly within the city, you must follow the FAA designated flight limit i.e. 400 feet.
|Price history for DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal (White)|
Phantom 2 Vision Plus comes with the high-performance camera. You can shoot images and videos upto 1080p at 30fps and 780p at 60fps respectively. The camera is having 900 tilt so that you can shoot pictures or video anywhere in between straight ahead and straight below. The field view of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is about 1100, so you can experience the wide range of photography. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone is one of the Best Arieal Photography Drone 2018 in amazon market. You can store your photos and videos in 4 GB memory card, which is given with Phantom Vision Plus kit. And if you find the memory is not sufficient, Vision plus drone will supports memory card upto 32 GB. The Phantom legs are the only thing that protects your camera while landing the flight.
Unlike RC quadcopters, Phantom Vision Plus has an advanced feature i.e. built-in GPS. This Built-in GPS provides two types of functionalities such as the drone automatically reaches its home location. You need to set the start position. Therefore, if the connection is lost the drone automatically reaches its home point. The other is GPS telemetry makes the quadcopter more stable even in heavy winds at high altitudes. Hover mode is also an advanced feature. If you find there is heavy wind, the you can turn on the hover mode. So that the flight will come to its home location even in heavy winds.
This beautiful little vision Plus is made with plastic material. You may have worry about plastic material won’t lasts long. But Phantom 2 vision plus is built solid; it will give you more confidence after seeing its strong arms.
Ready to fly:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is a ready-to-fly quadcopter, so need to install the parts separately. Without any waiting, you can enjoy flying drone with a remote controller.
A 5200 mAh LiPo battery is specially designed for Phantom two series, which can only be charged with the DJI charger or a phantom car charger. The charging time to get maximum flight time is around 55 mins. LED lights present on the battery which indicates the current charging time of the battery.
Vision plus comes with 3-axis gimbal stabilization, which provides stability to your drone. No matter in which direction you are operating the drone, the three-axis gimbal will make your camera take still and smooth pictures.
Waypoint is an advanced feature in vision plus, which is very helpful for your creativity in taking images. All you need to do is set multiple points on your way to the destination. Maximum of 16 waypoints you can set while operating the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The drone flies automatically covering all waypoints. Hence you can concentrate on aerial photography and live video.
First person View:
While flying vision plus, you can experience live photography and videos. You need to install DJI’s Vision app either in ios or android phones to experience this first-person view feature.
The flight time is the primary feature to consider while buying a drone. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus has a long lasting flight time about 25 mins. So, you can fly the drone a bit longer than other drones. If you have a spare battery, you can experience longer flight time about 50 mins.
- Long flight time, i.e., 25 mins so that we can enjoy long-lasting flying this drone.
- We can take HD images with Phantom 2 Vision Plus RC drone.
- FPV feature we can experience active flying areas of drone, using Phantom Vision Plus drone.
- Waypoint feature is an advantage which allows the drone fly automatically.
- FPV Phantom DJI 2 vision + is an app-controlled quadcopter.
- Because of its significant size, Phantom 2 Vision + Camera gimbal is used only for the outdoor purpose.
- Having advanced features, phantom two vision plus drone is a bit expensive drone.
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is not recommended for children and beginners.
Just Got Mine Today it’s Awesome
I just got mine directly from China today DHL. Given it just came out there aren’t too many feedback from actual customers. I had the Vision 2 before receiving this one so I can offer an accurate comparison. With the regular Vision 2, I could get about 700 feet without losing wifi signal, but on the first flight with the Plus, I was able to reach 2100 feet, which was a HUGE improvement (this was in a dense commercial area with a lot of power lines). I think it’s crucial that the FPV feature range extends nearly as far as the remote signal. With the regular vision 2, this was not the case as the remote could control the copter exceeding 2,000 feet vs. the FPV of about 750 max based on my flights.
More than just a vision with gimbal
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision + is currently the best option for a fully assembled, ready-to-fly drone or quadcopter with a camera. Whether you need buttery smooth video footage or still photos from the air, I have found that Vision+ will be the least setup time, most beginner-friendly, and *can* be less expensive than assembling a custom solution to do the same job (especially if you need first-person-view, FPV).
The standout feature of the Vision+ is the 3-axis gimbal with the 1080p video camera (14 MP still photos) built right in. DJI made high-end gimbals and ventured into cameras late last year with the original Phantom 2 Vision, but that model had a single-axis gimbal with plastic construction. Now just over six months later comes the Vision+ with same camera specs and an all-metal design that integrates both the camera and the gimbal into a sleek, lightweight alloy. Finally, this new gimbal lets the camera **look straight down**, giving you a point of view that wasn’t possible with the original Vision.
These drones are so fun to fly
These drones are so fun to fly, and the videos are incredible. Minor learning curve, but totally worth it. Don’t waste your money on the cheapies.