Nowadays, The demand for the drones has been greatly increased, due to its advanced features. There are various brands of drones available in the market in various models and prices. Among them, Yuneec q500 4k typhoon grabs my attention by its standard traits. So, I bought this QuadCopter and felt very satisfied with the product. Now, I want to share my Yuneec Q500 4K Review.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K Overview
The yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter is a Ready to fly Typhoon Quadcopter with CGO3-GB Camera with Steady Grip Aluminum Case. It had a frequency of 2.4 GHz and integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera. It has 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video. As it is an RTF drone it doesn’t require any setup or installations. The unique feature of this drone is steady grip which allows us to capture the crystal clear video footage. The camera quality of this drone is 12 megapixels and gives an excellent footage from the aerial view. Finally, We can say that this is the high-performance drone which moves with great speed and gives an immense pleasure to the pilot.
How to fly Yuneec Q500
All About Yuneec
Yuneec International is a Chinese aircraft manufacturer started by Tian Yu based in Jinxi, Kunshan, in Jiangsu. Yuneec markets its aircraft in the United States through GreenWing International. They built the first successful electric powered paraglider that was manufactured in series production, the EPac. From there they designed a series of electric motors, the Yuneec Power Drive series, the all-composite E430 and the EViva motor glider.
Yuneec Q500 4K Review
The yuneec q500 4k typhoon is the best drone I have ever experienced. This is the best drone for the people who are mainly aiming at photography and video streaming. It has many unique and advanced features.
- It can fly both indoor and outdoor but, mainly suitable for outdoor as we can capture photos and video in different aerial views.
- yuneec typhoon q500 4k is Ready to fly drone.
- This typhoon is flexible to access and easy to control with the remote controller.
- Built-in Gps and Wifi gives us remarkable flight experience.
- It is rated as the most durable and reliable quadcopter.
- The flight time of this drone is good, i.e., 25 minutes.
- It has No-Distortion Lens and steady handheld grip for capturing videos.
- The storage capacity is awesome we can store upto 128 Gb.
- Hence, I can Say that this is a perfect drone for the photography.
- Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen, Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure
- 12 megapixel photos with No-Distortion Lens
- Does not include Aluminum case, includes one battery
|Built in camera||yes|
|Ready to fly||yes|
|Wireless range||1,900 ft|
|Built in GPS||yes|
|Built in WiFi||yes|
|Max Flight Time||25 minutes|
|Video transmission system||yes|
|Video capacity||1080p / 120fps|
|Remote control system||Yes|
Features of Yuneec Q500 Typhoon 4k
The yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter has some advanced and unique features. Lets us discuss the smart features in brief.
Watch Me and Follow Me
When this Follow Me is enabled, the aircraft is leased to the pilot, who is controlling the location. With this feature, flying and capturing the video following the pilot is comfortable, flexible. When Watch Me is enabled, the 4K camera stays pointed at the pilot, holding the ST10+, in focus and frame, no matter on which way the drone is navigated.
Return to home
Switch the yuneec q500 4k typhoon to Home Mode, and then the copter will fly back towards the location of the pilot holding the ST10+, and it will automatically land within 13 to 26 feet, i.e., approximately 4 to 8 meters from the pilot.
The CGO3 camera features an 115-degree wide-angle distortion-free lens that allows you to capture the pictures from the different angles and gives us an immense joy in photography and video streaming.
Ready to fly
This Yun EEC typhoon q500 4k is ready to fly out of the box. So, it neither requires installations nor set up. The package includes Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF Aluminum Case with CGO3 Camera+ST10+ Steady Grip.
The camera quality of the yuneec typhoon q500 4k is good, i.e., 12 megapixels and the picture clarity is crystal clear from the aerial view. The video resolution is great and it is 1080p / 120fps.
The storage capacity of this yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter can be extended from 4 GB to 128 GB. Hence, We can store the ample of pictures and videos.
Installation of Yuneec Q500 4k Typhoon
As this is a Ready to fly drone, It doesn’t require any installations or set up. The only thing to do is to charge the battery and fix the propellers. Install the corresponding propeller by rotating it trailing edge first until it‘s secure against the O-ring located at the bottom of the motor shaft. Continue to screw down the propeller turns more to ensure it is properly tightened. Use gloves while tightening the propellers.
How to fly Yuneec Typhoon 4K Quadcopter
- ALWAYS turn on the ST10+ and allow it to boot up before switching the yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter.
Place the QuadCopter on a level and stable surface then slides the power switch to the ‘ON’ position.
The Main LED Status Indicator on the bottom indicates when the initialization is complete.
When the drone is in Smart Mode with GPS, lock it Glows green and flashes white indicating Follow Me.
If the TYPHOON is in Smart Mode without GPS lock Flashes green, off for one second.
If you do not have GPS lock move the TYPHOON to a different area, turn it off, on again.
- Step back approximately 26 steps behind the yuneec q500 4k typhoon.
Press and hold the red START/STOP button for three seconds to start the motors.
To take off, raise the left-hand stick to above the center position then, the yuneec q500 4k typhoon takeoff and climb slowly.
Allow stick to return to the center position when the yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter reaches the desired altitude. Hence, you can enjoy with a flying drone.
- Ready to Fly.
- Good camera quality & video streaming.
- High Performance.
- It moves with great speed.
- Worth for price.
- Controlled by both Rc and app.
- It has some connectivity issues.
- Keep your hands, face and other body parts away from the spinning propellers/rotor blades all times.
- Always operate your aircraft in open areas which are free from people, vehicles, and other obstructions.
- Never fly near or above crowds, airports or buildings.
- Always keep a safe distance in all directions around your aircraft to avoid collisions and injury.
- To ensure safe operation of the automatic landing in Home Mode, Start the motors with the plane in a position at least 10 feet of open space and achieve a proper GPS lock.
- Never operate your aircraft in poor or adverse weather conditions.
- Always operate your aircraft with a fully charged battery and land as soon as the low voltage battery warning appears.
- Keep the plane in sight and keep the transmitter powered on.
- Remove the batteries after use and store them.
- Be safe and enjoy flying.
The company will give 6-months warranty on the product and replaces if any damages occur to the product on delivery. In Amazon, we can buy the used drones too with half of the original price.
The Amazon customer ratings for this yuneec typhoon q500 4k is 4.3 out of 5, and it got many positive feedbacks from the customers. So, Let’s have a glance at these reviews.
Easy and fun to fly
I’ve been using the drone for a few months and wanted to give Yuneec Q500 4K Review. I primarily use it for hobby photography. But as a land surveyor, I partially use it for aerial photography and 3D modeling. The copter works great out of the box. No need to use your phone or any additional hardware or software. Out of the box, it is ready to fly. Controls are easy to learn which make it a great copter to start. The camera quality makes it an excellent drone to use for years. The only drawback is the lack of georeferencing for the photos. If you are using the copter for photography or inspection, this shouldn’t be much of an issue. That’s the reason in my opinion that I cannot give them a perfect 5/5.
Great upgrade and worth for price
An all-inclusive, fantastic 4K quad kit. I have had the first Q500 for some time and wanted to stay on the same platform for shooting 4K, and this does the trick. The seller was perfect to deal with, and the quadcopter showed up in new condition as stated in the description.
I will say this drone is a blast to fly! So easy and takes amazing videos and shots in 4k. Operating and handling the drone in the air is a breeze. The SteadyGrip is also a cool bonus you get. I was able to take a professional real estate video walkthrough using only the SteadyGrip and the Q500 4k camera mounted on it. You’ll have to play with the video settings a bit to get good indoor shots.
- Ready to Fly
- Good Camera quality
- High Speed
- Worth for Price
- High Performance
- Low connectivity