3DR Solo Quadcopter Review 2020
Drones are remote control (RC) flying device by which we can see the world in a new way. We can enjoy the drone from the pilot point of view by becoming the first person viewing (FPV). If you ever have dreamt about competing in the air race or performing tricks, enter the drones world. We prefer small and light drones, which are of low cost for beginners. Bigger and heavier drones are more stable to fly outdoors.
Check out the latest Drone reviews for racing, videography. For excellent aerial footage and video, we use advanced drones. Drones are designed to support camera except for toy drones. Even they can support for lift capacity, and if the payload exceeds the drone flight time reduces. Check this 3DR Solo Review, which is an advanced drone and has excellent aerial photography.
3DR Solo Overview
If you want to know more details about Solo, check this 3DR Solo Review. Solo 3DR is one of the smart drones with a lot more advanced features. Here is the brief description of 3DR Solo Quadcopter with a 3-axis gimbal for GoPro. This Best Drone with Camera 3DR Solo will give you amazing still and videos.
- Drone footage depicts no matter what, which is mesmerizing.
- Hackers can tinker with both hardware and software, which is an impressive feature.
- The quadcopter also has a follow me mode, which makes it more exciting.
- Its dual computer flight system makes the drone job easy without having a messy problem.
- Solo has two sides. One is human-friendly and customizable.
- The battery can also accommodate bigger cells.
- You can set up excellent shots by cable cam and orbit.
- We can start and stop recordings or change the camera frame rate or other settings in flight in this Solo.
- The pause button is like other standard control, which helps to stay stable when we panic.
- Solo 3DR is the first drone that has a wireless range of unfettered in-flight GoPro access.
- Information Portal has the best, simplest, and easiest instructions to follow.
- 3DR Solo has a flexible micro HDMI connector that connects the side of GoPro.
This feature makes the drone flight automatically around the desired object. This process so simple that we have to outline the area we want to study, and the drone will fly automatically. If you want to take-off, the app and the UAV will automatically land itself. 3DR Solo UAV is also helpful for selfies. First of all, we have to keep the drone away from us and center the camera so that the background fills out.
The scan is the mode similar to a survey where we have to select the center of the structure and radius. The drone automatically flies at different altitudes to capture all the possible images. In this 3DR Solo review, you can get all about features like a scan.
To travel where assets are difficult to reach, the Solo 3DR Drone can do its best. The drone and the camera are controlled by filed service technicians to spot the camera whenever needed.
We can lock our 3D robotics solo Drone onto a virtual cable and at different altitudes between two spaces. By this process, w can create a straight tracking shot with the ability to pan and tilt the camera. We can memorize our first and last frames and pan the camera between them using one stick controller to move our drone up and down.
In follow me mode, 3DR Solo will come with us by keeping us on track by GPS, enabling mobile devices. Our drone will come with us from behind, stay our beside, or fly ahead as we all know that one button flyings are used to take-off, land, and return home automatically. In addition to this, the drone also has a pause button, which we can use when we are panic. This Pause button is much more similar to a video game. We can hold the Solo in a fixed hover by pressing this pause button and capturing a static shot.
The dual computer flight control system in Solo 3DR splits the work across two computers, resulting in a reduced mechanical failure in flight. The features like follow this flight control system take up cable cam and me. The range of any craft is 400, and they are limited to fly in a user-specified radius. We specify a predefined limited range in this mode so that our drone flies in that area only.
The transmitter controls are so easy that even beginners can easily understand the controls. The main reason behind the design of the transmitter is that video game controllers develop them.
Solo 3DR has a fully featured app for iOS and Android by which we can control the drone at our fingertips. This drone also includes mobile device holders for smartphones and tablets.
Not only the access of controls but also we can operate the GoPro through the app. For this feature, we require Tarot Gimbal to act as an interface.
The 3DR Solo Gimbal is available separately to mount a GoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 camera. Gimbal also provides us 3-axes stabilization and also allows panning and tilting via controls.
The bright multicolor LEDs make our drone visible at night times and caution us below each motor. These lights are also visible in the daytime. The red color of the LED indicates the front, whereas the blue to represent the back. Smaller LEDs can also show the status of the drone-like blinks lightly when the drone is about to start and connected. LEDs blink faster if any malfunction occurs.
Item model number
18 x 18 x 10 inches
black and green
2600 mAh 7.2 Vdc Rechargeable Lithium Ion
Overview of 3D Robotics Solo Quadcopter
The3DR Solo Drone has a lot more advanced features which suit best in today’s world. Drones have more applications that are always daily. 3DR Solo Quadcopters is one of the Best Drones for photography and capturing video to save our cherished moments. We can share our adventures through photos and videos. The newbie can also fly this drone. Solo exceeds the minimum threshold, which delivers high-end performance. The company also provides spare propellers, i.e., clockwise and counter-clockwise. The software and hardware of the 3DR have more opportunity to expand. Check out 3DR Solo Review to know more about 3DR Solo Review will give you a clear idea about specifications, features along with drone flying tips.
All about Solo 3DR
Solo was started with the experiment by the father and his son. In 2007 Chris Andreson built his first drone with his kids with a grade technology in the kitchen. The kids continued the experiments while Chris founded DIYdrones.com, grown into the largest open robotics development community. Chris met Jordi Munoz, a 19-year-old college dropout through this site, and with the help of him, they developed a fully functioning autopilot from Nintendo Wii remote. Hands designed the first 3DR, and for shipment, they used pizza boxes. 3DR used APM, which is a universal flight code, to develop Pixhawk. Are you a professional videographer and looking for the Best Videography Drones, then this 3DR Solo Drone is ideal for you.
PRECAUTIONS AND GUIDELINES
- One should register if one’s drone weighs more than 0.55 pounds, and you use it outdoor.
- If an individual is under age 13, someone either parent or guardian who is 13+ can register for you.
- As this product includes small parts, we do not recommend this product for children under three years old.
- We should not fly the drone closer to the vehicles, boats, or buildings such as away from 30 m.
- Should not fly the UAV over a populated area such as beaches, other person backyards, etc.
- UAVs are not allowed within the radius of 5.5 km of airport or helicopter landing sites.
- Quadcopter should remain in the line of vision the entire time we operate the drone.
- Verify whether your GPS signal is strong enough or not.
Whats in the Box
The accessories in the box of 3DR Solo Drone are:
- Solo Vehicle with 3-axis Gimbal installed.
- The 3DR controller.
- Four plus four propellers.
- Smart Battery
- Charger for the Solo 3DR controller.
We install the charged batteries in the drone and fix the propellers. Connect the RC to any smartphone through a USB cable, which is provided in the box. Our drone is ready to fly either by RC or APP controller.
Only some of the versions support the Gimbal they are:
Solo: 1.2.0 or higher
Solo App: 1.2.0 or higher
GoPro: 3.00.00 or higher
- In the first step, we must remove the frame, which is at the UAV’s bottom.
- We have to can connect the gimbal by the two ways for HDMI cable and the Gimbal Cable.
- After connecting the gimbal with both wires, we have to position each cable to the internal components.
- Sequentially after the above step, we have to mount the gimbal.
- Now we have to Install the 3-axis Solo Gimbal and also balance the weights.
- In the last step, we have to go through the gimbal settings.
The detailed installation of Gimbal is given in the User Manual provided by the company.
Amazon Customer Reviews
I have been a DJI Phantom Pilot for years and have owned every Phantom model up to the Phantom 3 Pro. I was so frustrated with DJI’s customer service and lack of beta testing new software; I decided to sell my P3 Pro and go with 3DR Solo. I knew I was taking a few steps back in some areas but watched all of Colin’s videos and was convinced the Solo was for me. I also heard many great things about their product support and, above all, wanted to support a US-based robotics company. Well, the drone arrived, and the software upgrade was painless. I loved that the software can be updated right from the app without any wires.
So Far So Good
First off, my brief interaction with 3DR tech support regarding a stick calibration that the controller required was pleasant and thorough (though I am perfectly ok with the electronic correspondence, I could see how it the topic was more serious than it would be far more comforting to speak with an actual human being) The drone is really fun to fly, it makes you feel comfortable traveling, and because it’s flight characteristics are adjustable it can be tailored to pilots of all levels. The live feed through the GoPro works very well with what feels like almost no lag. And the range of connectivity between the controller and the drone has been more than adequate for my uses. Only one time has it automatically tried to “return home,” which was when it ran into the custom geofence I had set up. Check out the 3DR Solo Review before purchase this Smart Drone on Amazon.
The 3DR Solo drone can fly for up to 2- 3 miles
The battery provided along with this 3DR Solo drone is an extendable one, which can extend up to 8 hours.
To reset the 3DR Solo
- First reset the controller by pushing both the power button and fly button at a time
- Hold them for a while until the monitor on the controller says updating.
- To reset the drone take a paperclip and flip the drone
- Locate the hole now insert the paper clip
- Push the power button and the button inside the hole at a time until the light beside the hole starts blinking fastly.
- If the process is done correctly, then all the lights of the drone will flash with different colors.
- The reset is done.
The battery of the 3DR Solo lasts for 12 to 15 minutes, during which you can fly the drone
Yes, the 3DR Solo drone provides a camera along with the package
Yes, the 3DR Solo drone does have an auto return feature, so that, when the range is lost, it would use the GPS in order to come back to the original place.
The 3DR Solo drone has a speed of 40mph
Although the 3D Robotics Solo is expensive, we can afford it because it offers us many features that push drone smarts to the limit. Solo is the right choice, capable, durable, and future-proof drones in today’s market. 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-axis gimbals for GoPro is a “Smart drone” designed to be “future-proof.” 3DR Solo is the right product with high quality. 3DR Solo is intended for a hobbyist, beginners or professionals. I think this 3DR Solo Review helped you to find the relevant information.