Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt Review 2022
Are you very enthusiastic about buying drones and searching for the best drones? Then you are in the right place. I am here to assist you in buying the best drone for your kids and make them cheerful. I have searched for different varieties of drones and their features online. Among them, Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt Drone has many advanced features compared to other models. So, I bought this product. Now, I feel very satisfied using this Air Hogs Helix X4 Quad Copter and interested in sharing my review, which will help you buy the best drone.
Air Hogs Helix X4 QuadCopter Overview
The Air Hogs Elite Helix X4 is a high-performance remote control Quadcopter! It has a frequency of 2.4GHz radio control, gyro stabilization, and 4-ducted fans. Helix X4 Stunt is maneuverable and incredibly fast. It performs three stunts with the push of a button barrel roll and 180 flips. Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt is a crash-resistant Exoframe and protects the rotors of a drone. The full 4-channel control enables the Helix X4 to fly quickly. It has many other outstanding features like long-lasting durability and high-performance rate. It moves at a jet speed, gives us remarkable experience.
- Special Features
Air Hogs Helix X4 QuadCopter comes with a foam uni-body design where the structural plastics and electronics will be embedded into the foam. The foam body design is what we found in most of the Air Hogs Drones. It is not a big monster drone, but it is small enough to fly indoors. And this may not be perfect for outdoors because of the drone weight. Furthermore, you can see the ducted fans in this drone. With its better liftoff, the fans provide better airflow.
The battery is in-built for this Air Hogs Helix X4 Drone. So, if you want to see that, you need to break the drone apart. It may not be a concern for many as long as it works perfectly. Compared to other drones, Air Hogs reduced the charge time to this Helix X4 drone. Means, within 20 min, it charges the battery. For most of the Air Hogs drones, the charge time is upto 60 minutes. Now, you can enjoy the flight time of 7 min.
Air Hogs Helix X4 Drone comes with the transmitter, which we can say is bigger than the drone itself. This transmitter is retro and futuristic with a million grooves and notches. Also, you can see the 4 channel controls. They are the left joystick, right joystick, large dial to roll up the charging cable, and red bit at the bottom, which is the plug. And for choosing the difficulty setting, the transmitter also has the toggle along with the power button.
4. Special Features
- With just a push of a button, this Air Hogs Helix X4 Drone can perform backflips, barrel rolls, and 180 flips.
- There are onboard gyroscopic stabilization and ducted fans to maintain flight stability—this helps top-quality control over the drone.
- To increase the distance and strength of the control’s signal, the remote control of Helix X4 uses 2.4Ghz communication.
- The Helix X4 Stunt is a high-performance, easy-to-fly Quad Copter that delivers an unbeatable flight experience!
- Performs insane backflips, barrel rolls, and 180 flips with the push of a button!
- 4-ducted fans and onboard gyroscopic stabilization maintain flight stability delivering top quality control.
- The remote control uses 2.4Ghz communication, increasing the strength and distance of the control’s signal.
- Includes: 1 Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt, 1 USB charger, 1 controller/charger, 1 user instruction guide
- Manufacturer : Air Hogs RC Helix
- Item model number : 20064858
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 6.4 x 2 inches
- Item Weight : 1.4 pounds
- Color : multi-colored
- Frequency : 2.4 GHz
All about Air Hogs
Air Hogs is a line of toy airplanes, helicopters, rockets, and cars manufactured and owned by the Spin Master company of Toronto, LetsCanada. They are radio-controlled, free-flying, and air-powered aircraft. Several of these, especially the remote-controlled (R/C) ones, are designed to be easily flown without any need for assembly.
Air Hogs was created in 1996 when Spin Master was approached by British inventors John Dixon and Peter Manning, whose prototype of a compressed air powered toy airplane had been rejected by everyone they had shown it to. Excited by the plane’s potential, Spin Master licensed the technology and spent two years and half a million dollars perfecting the toy.
Air Hogs Helix X4 Drone Review
Based on my usage experience and research on drones, I want to keep a small note on this Air Hogs Helix X4 Quad Copter.
- Before buying a drone, you should first decide which type of drone you aim for, like racing drones, drones for photography, or toy drones. This Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt is absolutely for fun and to learn how to fly drones. So, It is suitable for kids and beginners.
- Another important aspect is that you should check whether it is ready to fly or requires any installations. Coming to this Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt, 2.4 GHZ Quad Copter, it is ready to fly and does not need any installations. The only thing we have to do is to charge the battery.
- Easy to fly, This Helix x4 is very flexible to access and easy to fly. A remote controller can control the flying drone.
- You should make sure whether the drone is meant for the indoor or outdoor purpose, and this Air Hogs is used for both the purposes.
Features of Air Hogs Helix X4 QuadCopter
Let’s have a glance at the features of Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt Quad Copter. This model is designed for kids. It does not contain Built-In features like WIFI, GPS, and camera. It includes a non-removable and non-replaceable battery that we can charge and a remote controller to access the Copter.
This model does not require any installations. The only thing is we have to charge the battery. The charging time is approximately 50-60 minutes. The flight time of a drone is 7 – 8 minutes. On delivery, it includes 1 Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt, 1 USB Charger, 1 controller/charger, 1 user instruction guide.
How to fly the Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt, 2.4 GHz QuadCopter
- Turn on Helix X4 Stunt and place it on a stable surface.
- Switch controller to either NOVICE or EXPERT mode.
- Once it is on a stable surface, the Helix X4 Stunt LED will turn solid orange, indicating calibrating.
- Once calibration is complete, it will start looking for your Controller.
- When it Links, the LEDs on the Helix X4 Stunt will blink (green if NOVICE, red if EXPERT) until the throttle is ‘armed.’
- Once the throttle is enabled, then you are ready to fly.
- To ‘arm’/enable the throttle, move the left stick to the minimum position.
- The LED on the controller and vehicle will glow solid when the throttle is activated, and then you are ready to fly.
- Keep hands, hair, and loose clothing away from the rotors when the power switch is turned ON.
- Turn off controller and helicopter when not in use.
- Remove the battery(s) from the controller when not in use.
- Parental guidance is essential for the flight.
- Keep your helicopter in your sight so that you can supervise it all the time.
- New alkaline batteries are recommended for use in the controller to obtain maximum performance.
- Users should keep strict accordance with the instruction manual while operating the product.
- Your controller/charger is tailor-made for the LiPo rechargeable battery used in your Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt.
- Please do not use it to charge any battery other than that in the helicopter.
- Follow the precautions carefully and enjoy happy flying.
Manufacturer’s warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors like the product’s use, where the product was purchased, or who you bought the product from. So, Please review the warranty details carefully before purchasing the product. The company will give the 1-month warranty.
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Till now, you have read my personal Review. Let’s have a glance on Amazon customer reviews.
Fun and Short Life
When our son first played with this, we had concerns. First, it seems designed to drive sisters and mom’s crazy. Second, it doesn’t look that sturdy. BUT, the thing only lasts 8 minutes at a time! Right about the time you’d be nuts, it had to be recharged for two hours. AND, despite several crashes into the ceiling fan, the floor, and the head of his oldest sister, this thing has held up. I have to say; it was worth the money.
Super Quad Copter
Great Quadcopter can’t beat for the price. As previous reviews highly recommended to use the expert setting on the controller to give better precise control and quicker reaction movement control during flight. Though states it’s an indoor use, it can be used outside if the wind speed is 0-3 mph max. Indoor use is best only if you have a decent, wide-open space free of obstacles. Flight time is expected for its internal battery capacity, so 8-10 mins during first learning directional movements are expected. Best to charge with the USB cord provided with all optimal battery charge in a remote.
- Plug and play
- Ready to Fly
- High speed
- Low cost
- Non-Replaceable Battery
- A bit Noisy
You can easily fly the Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt Drone by using the controller provided along with the drone.
The Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt Drone has a medium speed, as it is made for children.
On a single charge, you can get a flying time of 15 minutes from the Air Hogs RC Helix X4 Stunt Drone.
Finally, After using this Air Hogs Helix X4 QuadCopter, I can clearly say that this copter is exactly suitable for kids and for beginners who are enthusiastic about drones. This copter is ready to fly and does not contain any camera. It moves at a great speed and gives the immense pleasure of flying to our kids and make them cherish.
All-inclusive, Air Hogs Elite Helix X4 is incredibly fast and performs different stunts. Its high performance and maneuverability will impress you. Furthermore, it can fly quickly as it comes with full 4-channel control. So, get this durable and high-speed drone now at the best price.