DJI Phantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter Review 2020
Drones are formally known as an Unmanned aerial vehicle(UAV). The drones are trending these days because of their various features. These quadcopters are available for the cheapest cost and durable product. Drones have different purposes like aerial photography, racing, and fun. Among these drones, DJI Phantom 2 is the efficient product which we can afford in our budget. This DJI Phantom 2 Review will help to know the features and specifications of this UAV. The drones have some significant advantages. Get latest and live updates on DJI Drones, and here at BestflyingDronewe upload all about DJI Phantom 2.
- For aerial photography.
- In emergency conditions, ambulance drone plays a primary role.
- Drones with cameras have various advantages.
- UAVs are also for monitoring the environment.
- To supply medicines to an island.
- Even for selfies drones are used.
DJI Phantom 2 Drone Overview
DJI Phantom is the largest producer of drones with a wide variety of ranges. Among them, Phantom Drone 2 has a lot more advanced features which we can afford in our budget. For aerial photography and also to capture some of the beautiful videos Phantom 2 DJI do’s its best. DJI Phantom 2 Gimbal axis helps the camera to be stable. We can fly this drone in outdoor. Reference to this DJI Phantom 2 Review you can find out whether the product you want to purchase is this is not. Additionally, this UAV will return to home in emergency conditions and has app control feature.
The primary use of DJI Phantom 2 is its ability to stabilize footage. For excellent aerial photography, this product has incredible use. By using this, we can capture images and videos of high quality. No matter how much speed it is or what angle it maybe we can get stable and high-quality pictures. In the Phantom DJI 2, we have an integrated GPS autopilot system. It offers several advantages to the UAV like position holding, altitude lock, and stable hovering. By this autopilot feature, we can only focus on shooting.
For the professional footage of Phantom 2 drone thanks to the H3-3D gimbal. DJI Phantom 2 Gimbal Axis is responsible for stable and high-quality aerial photography. This Gimbal 3-axis brushless motor corrects for pitch and roll. The tilting angle is -130° to +45° of phantom 2. The inertial measurement unit(IMU) is essential for Gimbal to be able to stabilize the camera. Gimbal senses motion instructs servo motors in which direction they move using IMU and updates every millisecond. The gimbal control for ultra-smooth tilt action and also for trainer port.
This feature helps the drone for safe flights. When the connection is lost between Phantom 2 and its controller, our aircraft will automatically return to home. To automatically activate this feature we can setup One Key Go Home Function.
Our drone flies on its own to its already preplanned destination by GPS navigation waypoints. The remote control navigation software access the target points. The specifications like where to fly, at what height, and at which speed hover at each waypoint. The drone comes back in a straight line from its starting point.
The drone phantom 2 RC has upgraded remote control which comes with a lot more features. In this RC we provide a gimbal control dial, trainer port, rechargeable battery, LED indicators, throttle locking element. This new RC is compatible with phantom two vision+ and Phantom 2. To connect RC to your computer use DJI Lightbridge control.
You can connect some interesting gadgets to the Phantom 2 without any effort, like iOSD Mini module or the Waypoint system. The LED lights help us to view our drone at night and dark times. The LEDs in DJI Phantom 2 are placed on the outside, the tail-end of aircraft helping us to keep track of battery levels, GPS system or about remote signals. The colors such as green, amber and red help us to indicate the above problems.
GPS Mode and GPS Attitude Mode are two available flight modes. These modes a software chip pre-configures called Naza-M V2. This software chip is the brain of phantom 2. The software can offload flight data for teaching and diagnostic purposes.
- GPS Mode:
In this GPS mode, our drone stays hovering at a fixed horizontal and vertical position as soon as we release the controls. For shooting video, we prefer this feature.
- GPS Attitude Mode:
In this mode, the fixed spatial position is maintained and is preferable for manual flying. If you release the controls, the UAV drifts until friction slows down or we stop it.
IOC helps us in such a way that it makes our flying more easy and understandable. Quadcopters rotate continuously because of yaw control. By using this Yaw control, we can easily confuse about the forward direction. In some cases, our controls get mixed up like pressing right causes our craft to move left and to press forward causes it to go backward. IOC feature helps the drone from preventing this from happening. This feature keeps the tail of the UAV pointed roughly to the pilot to avoid mixing the controls.
Phantom DJI has a feature app controller by which we can control our drone by an app. We just pair our iOS or Android smartphone or tablet to our drone, and even we can control it. By using this feature, our drone flies by itself where the destination points are preplanned. Gyro axis makes our DJI Phantom 2 drones more stable, and the adjustable gyro sensitivity has 3-axis flight control system. The Gyro sensors sense rotational motion and change in orientation.
Item model number
11 x 11 x 7.1 inches
Integrated Camera PIxels
H3-3D or H4-3D
Rechargeable LiPo battery
14 and above
Plastic (ABS) material
All About Phantom DJI
DJI Phantom 2 Review
This DJI Phantom 2 Review gives us all details about their design and other specific features. The latest Phantom 2 comes with the new RC, propulsion system, and compass. Here are some illustrations of the features of DJI Phantom 2 Drone.
- The H3-3D gimbal is for extreme camera stability and silky smooth video recording.
- The battery capacity is 2000mAh which is a long lasting battery. The battery in DJI Phantom 2 is very smart that it can hold power-related data like percentage of charge, cell voltage, temperature, current capacity, the number of discharge cycles and more.
- LED lights in this model are not only used to view the UAV in night times but also to caution us.
- Phantom drone 2 includes a new, anti-static compass with a protective shell to help the shield of quadcopter in any flight conditions.
- When the signal is not sufficient Phantom 2 automatically activates a mode called the Return to Home.
- In Phantom 2 DJI, by using 16 waypoint Ground Station System we can program our flight path.
- DJI Phantom has an excellent feature, i.e., it can calculate how much battery life is left and the distance it is away from home point.
- This Quadcopter has self-tightening propellers for extra security.
- DJI Phantom 2 FPV first person view gives us an excellent camera and video resolution.
- The Phantom 2 is very easy to travel and has a light weight.
- The company designs the products with highest water-jet precision cut, i.e., they never cut corners and die-cut our customer cases.
- The Phantom DJI drones are resistant to UV solvents, corrosion, fungus and also to impact damage.
What's in the Box
The DJI Phantom 2 accessories are
- Phantom 2 Quadcopter
- 6-channel Transmitter (TX)
- 8 x Self-Tightening Props
- Landing Gear (Gear)
- Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery
- Phantom 2 Vision Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Go Pro Holder
- Payload fishing line drops installed.
Once you get the package of DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter install the batteries and your drone is ready to fly.
As the propellers are self-tightening, we do not use any thread locker on the threads. We should match corresponding nut colors to the corresponding motors. During propeller assembly and removal wear protective gloves. Only use original DJI Phantom propellers for better and safe flight experience.
- Turn off the GoPro’s WiFi when you operate on the same frequency, i.e., 2.4 GHz. If the GoPro’s WiFi is still ON transmitter connection may be lost resulting in loss of our drone.
- The UAV should be in our eyesight when we are flying it.
- We should operate the drone away from vehicles, boats, buildings or people like 30 meters.
- We should not disturb one’s privacy issues.
- They should not be fly over any accessible areas such as beaches, densely populated parks, etc.
- If your drone airspace covers over most Australian cities, we must not fly over 400 feet.
- If you are flying the drone for money or economic reward, then you should possess a Certificate issued by Civil Aviation Authority (CASA).
- We should not fly a drone within 5.5 km of an airfield.
- Minimum age to operate the UAV is above 14 and recommends an adult supervision
Amazon Customer Reviews
In DJI Phantom 2 Review, I have provided you details about their price features and specifications. Here are some Amazon Customer Reviews where you can find out some extra information regarding Phantom 2.
I ordered this quadcopter for a friend who wanted me to unbox the quadcopter and get it all working.I received the quadcopter within two days, then proceeded to assemble and charge (assembling took roughly 15 minutes). Then calibrated it, following by a quick test flight. Charging takes about 1-3 hours depending on settings on the charger; battery life is about 10-13 mins. I recommend buying some more batteries of a website called first person view they cost about $100 each.I think that this quadcopter is a great place to start if you are coming into the world of the quadcopter.
Messed about with another quadcopter, foolishly bought on the Internet which I still haven’t. Purchased the DJI Phantom 2 from Amazon as always excellent service delivered to my house. On Sunday no problem. It was a doddle to set up had the first flight today a good bit of kit. I will give further updates. As I try to master the beast.
Just brilliant. Great fun. Personally, recommend this over the Vision. More fun to customize with your add-ons. I do wish though that I bought the combined Phantom 2 and Zenmuse gimbal – could have saved quite a few quid compared to buying separately.
I think that this DJI Phantom 2 Review helped you to find out the information regarding this product. The designers of DJI specifically designed their products for aerial photography. This DJI Phantom 2 helps as a great tool for every photographer, and we can create something we can see in Hollywood movies. The DJI Phantom 2 is great fun to use and fly. The DJI Phantom has introduced the JUMBO DRONE which is capable of carrying a human.