DJI Phantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter Review 2020
Drones are formally known as an unmanned aerial vehicle(UAV). The drones are trending these days because of their various features. These quadcopters are available for the cheapest cost and durable product. Drones have different purposes, like aerial photography, racing, and fun. Among these Drones, DJI Phantom 2 is the efficient product which we can afford in our budget. This DJI Phantom 2 Review will help to know the features and specifications of this UAV. The drones have some significant advantages. Get the latest and live updates on DJI Drones, and here at Best flying Drone we, upload all about DJI Phantom 2.
- For aerial photography.
- In emergency conditions, the ambulance drone plays a primary role.
- Drones with cameras have various advantages.
- UAVs are also for monitoring the environment.
- To supply medicines to an island.
- Even for selfies, drones are used.
DJI Phantom 2 Drone Overview
DJI Phantom is the largest producer of Drones with a wide variety of ranges. Among them, Phantom Drone 2 has a lot more advanced features that we can afford in our budget. For aerial photography and capturing some beautiful videos, Phantom, 2 DJI do’s its best. DJI Phantom 2 Gimbal axis helps the camera to be stable. We can fly this drone in outdoor. About this DJI Phantom 2 review, you can find out whether the product you want to purchase is this is not. Additionally, this UAV will return home in emergency conditions and has an app control feature.
The primary use of DJI Phantom 2 is its ability to stabilize footage. For excellent aerial photography, this product has incredible use. By using this, we can capture images and videos of high quality. No matter how much speed it is or what angle, we can get stable and high-quality pictures. In the Phantom DJI 2, we have an integrated GPS autopilot system. It offers several advantages to the UAV, like position holding, altitude lock, and stable hovering. By this autopilot feature, we can only focus on shooting.
For the professional footage of the Phantom 2 drone, thanks to the H3-3D gimbal. DJI Phantom 2 Gimbal Axis is responsible for stable and high-quality aerial photography. This Gimbal 3-axis brushless motor corrects for pitch and roll. The tilting angle is -130° to +45° of phantom 2. The inertial measurement unit(IMU) is essential for Gimbal to be able to stabilize the camera. Gimbal senses motion instructs servo motors in which direction they move using IMU and updates every millisecond. The gimbal control for ultra-smooth tilt action and also for trainer port.
This feature helps the drone for safe flights. When the connection is lost between Phantom 2 and its controller, our aircraft will automatically return home. To automatically activate this feature, we can set up One Key Go Home Function.
Our drone flies on its own to its already preplanned destination by GPS navigation waypoints. The remote control navigation software access the target points. The specifications like where to fly, at what height, and at which speed hover at each waypoint. The drone comes back in a straight line from its starting point.
The Drone Phantom 2 RC has upgraded remote control, which comes with a lot more features. In this RC, we provide a gimbal control dial, trainer port, rechargeable battery, LED indicators, throttle locking element. This new RC is compatible with phantom two vision+ and Phantom 2. To connect RC to your computer, use DJI Lightbridge control.
You can connect some interesting gadgets to Phantom 2 without any effort, like the iOSD Mini module or the Waypoint system. The LED lights help us to view our drones at night and dark times. The LEDs in DJI Phantom 2 are placed on the outside, the tail-end of the aircraft, helping us keep track of battery levels, GPS systems, or remote signals. The colors such as green, amber, and red help us to indicate the above problems.
GPS Mode and GPS Attitude Mode are two available flight modes. These modes a software chip pre-configures called Naza-M V2. This software chip is the brain of Phantom 2. The software can offload flight data for teaching and diagnostic purposes.
- GPS Mode:
Our drone stays hovering at a fixed horizontal and vertical position in this GPS mode as soon as we release the controls. For shooting video, we prefer this feature.
- GPS Attitude Mode:
In this mode, the fixed spatial position is maintained and is preferable for manual flying. If you release the controls, the UAV drifts until friction slows down, or we stop it.
IOC helps us in such a way that it makes our flying more easy and understandable. Quadcopters rotate continuously because of yaw control. By using this Yaw control, we can easily confuse the forward direction. In some cases, our controls get mixed up like pressing right causes our craft to move left, and to press forward causes it to go backward. IOC feature helps the drone from preventing this from happening. This feature keeps the tail of the UAV pointed roughly to the pilot to avoid mixing the controls.
Phantom DJI has a feature app controller by which we can control our drone by an app. We just pair our iOS or Android smartphone or tablet to our drone, and even we can control it. By using this feature, our drone flies by itself where the destination points are preplanned. The Gyro axis makes our DJI Phantom 2 drones more stable, and the adjustable gyro sensitivity has a 3-axis flight control system. The Gyro sensors sense rotational motion and change in orientation.
Item model number
11 x 11 x 7.1 inches
Integrated Camera PIxels
H3-3D or H4-3D
Rechargeable LiPo battery
14 and above
Plastic (ABS) material
All About Phantom DJI
The DJI headquarters are in Shenzhen, widely considered as China’s Silicon Valley is started as a single small office in 2006 and grown into a global workforce of over 3,000. The company has direct access to suppliers, raw materials, and creative young people. This company has worldwide branches in U.S, Netherlands, Japan, Germany, Beijing, and Hong Kong. They also help us to accomplish feats faster, safer, and with efficiency. Phantom brings new perspectives to their work. The company builds on the ethos of “form follows function,” its products combine advanced technology with dynamic designs. They also give the creator the tools they need to bring their ideas to life. You can get complete information about DJI Phantom 2 Drone, which is a best Drone with a camera in the current market.
DJI Phantom 2 Review
This DJI Phantom 2 review gives us all details about their design and other specific features. The latest Phantom 2 comes with the new RC, propulsion system, and compass. Here are some illustrations of the features of the DJI Phantom 2 Drone.
- The H3-3D gimbal is for extreme camera stability and silky smooth video recording.
- The battery capacity is 2000mAh, which is a long-lasting battery. The battery in DJI Phantom 2 is very smart. It can hold power-related data like percentage of charge, cell voltage, temperature, current capacity, the number of discharge cycles, etc.
- LED lights in this model are not only used to view the UAV at night times but also to caution us.
- Phantom drone 2 includes a new, anti-static compass with a protective shell to help the quadcopter’s shield in any flight conditions.
- When the signal is not sufficient, Phantom 2 automatically activates a mode called the Return to Home.
- In Phantom 2 DJI, we can program our flight path by using 16 waypoint Ground Station System.
- DJI Phantom has an excellent feature, i.e., it can calculate how much battery life is left and the distance it is away from home point.
- This Quadcopter has self-tightening propellers for extra security.
- DJI Phantom 2 FPV first-person view gives us an excellent camera and video resolution.
- Phantom 2 is very easy to travel and has a lightweight.
- The company designs the products with the highest water-jet precision cut, i.e., they never cut corners and die-cut our customer cases.
- The Phantom DJI drones are resistant to UV solvents, corrosion, fungus, and impact damage.
What's in the Box
The DJI Phantom 2 accessories are
- Phantom 2 Quadcopter
- 6-channel Transmitter (TX)
- 8 x Self-Tightening Props
- Landing Gear (Gear)
- Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery
- Phantom 2 Vision Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Go Pro Holder
- Payload fishing line drops installed.
Once you get the package of DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter, install the batteries, and your drone is ready to fly. As the propellers are self-tightening, we do not use any thread locker on the threads. We should match corresponding nut colors to the corresponding motors. During propeller assembly and removal, wear protective gloves. Only use original DJI Phantom propellers for better and safe flight experience.
- Turn off the GoPro’s WiFi when you operate on the same frequency, i.e., 2.4 GHz. If GoPro’s WiFi is still ON, the transmitter connection may be lost, resulting in our drone’s loss.
- The UAV should be in our eyesight when we are flying it.
- We should operate the drone away from vehicles, boats, buildings, or people like 30 meters.
- We should not disturb one’s privacy issues.
- They should not be fly over any accessible areas such as beaches, densely populated parks, etc.
- If your drone airspace covers most Australian cities, we must not fly over 400 feet.
- If you are flying the drone for money or economic reward, you should possess a Certificate issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CASA).
- We should not fly a drone within 5.5 km of an airfield.
- The minimum age to operate the UAV is above 14 and recommends adult supervision.
Amazon Customer Reviews
In the DJI Phantom 2 Review, I have provided you details about their price features and specifications. Here are some Amazon Customer Reviews where you can find out some extra information regarding Phantom 2.
Customer review 1:
I ordered this quadcopter for a friend who wanted me to unbox the quadcopter and get it all working. I received the quadcopter within two days, then assembled and charged (assembling took roughly 15 minutes). Then calibrated it, following by a quick test flight. Charging takes about 1-3 hours depending on settings on the charger; battery life is about 10-13 mins. They cost about $100 each. I think that this quadcopter is a great place to start if you are coming into the quadcopter world.
Customer review 2:
Messed about with another quadcopter, foolishly bought on the Internet, which I still haven’t. Purchased the DJI Phantom 2 from Amazon as always, excellent service delivered to my house. On Sunday, no problem. It was a doddle to set up had the first flight today a good bit of kit. I will give further updates. I try to master the beast.
To fly the DJI Phantom 2,
- You have to use the controller, which consists of all the operations,
- Switch on the flight battery,
- Calibrate the compass
- Begin the flight using the controls on the remote controller.
The DJI Phantom 2 comes with a charger too, using which you can charge your battery.
The DJI Phantom 2 can fly up to 1 mile high.
To start the drone, first you have to connect it with the transmitter and switch on the flight battery after which you can control it with the controller provided.
To update the DJI Phantom 2 connect the drone to laptop through USB port. Download the upgrades of DJI drones through the official website. Next open the Phantom assistant software in your laptop. Now upgrade the latest version into the drone through that software.
Yes, the DJI Phantom 2 does has a camera included in the package
No, the DJI Phantom 2 does not have a headless mode
The DJI Phantom 2 takes around 1 hour to get fully charged.
I think that this DJI Phantom 2 review helped you to find out the information regarding this product. The designers of DJI specifically designed their products for aerial photography. This DJI Phantom 2 helps as a great tool for every photographer, and we can create something we can see in Hollywood movies. The DJI Phantom 2 is great fun to use and fly. The DJI Phantom has introduced the JUMBO DRONE, which is capable of carrying a human.