DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review 2023
Are you enthusiastic about taking photography and Want to enjoy your skill of photography while flying? Have you ever thought of buying a drone yourself? Drones would probably be a smart idea in taking aerial photography. Then DJI phantom 2 vision Plus is your best camera drone for taking images and aerial photography. You can impress people with your live videos and pictures at marriages, parties, etc. With my personal experience with Phantom 2 vision plus, i would recommend you to buy vision plus. There are many advantages with this Phantom 2 Vision + quadcopter, which are listed below. Check Latest Drone reviews before purchase DJI Drone on Amazon.
- Capture videos and pictures in marriages, parties, etc.,
- We can use the Phantom Vision Plus Drone for aerial surveillance.
- For filming, also people are using Drones.
RTF Phantom 2 Vision Plus Overview
Phantom 2 Vision Plus attracts for its good-looking design and various features. It comes with a 5200 mAh LiPo battery, which of type rechargeable battery. Vision Plus has a long flight time of about 25 mins. The driving distance from the remote controller is upto 1000 meters. The dimensions of FPV Phantom 2 Vision Plus is 17×8.1×12.5 inches. A built-in HD camera is attached to the quadcopter, which takes images at 14MP. Phantom Vision Plus will goes to auto-pilot mode when we set waypoints to reach the destination. The color of RTF phantom two Vision Plus Drone comes in white color and red stripes on the arms. We can fly this drone in an outdoor environment. This latest DJI Drone Phantom 2 Vision Plus comes with an app-controlled feature.
- Built-in Camera
- Built-in GPS
- Durability & Flight time
- Battery & Gimbal axis
- First-person View & Ready to fly
1. Built-in Camera
Phantom 2 Vision Plus comes with the high-performance camera. You can shoot images and videos upto 1080p at 30fps and 780p at 60fps, respectively. The camera is having 900 tilt so that you can shoot pictures or videos anywhere in between straight ahead and straight below. The field view of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is about 1100, so you can experience a wide range of photography. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone is one of the Best Aerial Photography Drone in the amazon market. You can store your photos and videos in 4 GB memory card, which is given with the Phantom Vision Plus kit. And if you find the memory is not sufficient, Vision plus drone will support a memory card upto 32 GB. The Phantom legs are the only thing that protects your camera while landing the flight.
2. Built-in GPS
Unlike RC quadcopters, Phantom Vision Plus has an advanced feature i.e., built-in GPS. This Built-in GPS provides two types of functionalities, such as the drone automatically reaches its home location. You need to set the start position. Therefore, if the connection is lost, the drone automatically reaches its home point. The other is GPS telemetry makes the quadcopter more stable even in heavy winds at high altitudes. Hover mode is also an advanced feature. If you find there is heavy wind, you can turn on the hover mode so that the flight will come to its home location even in heavy winds.
3. Durability & Flight time
This beautiful little vision Plus is made with plastic material. You may have to worry about plastic material won’t last long. But Phantom 2 vision plus is built solid, it will give you more confidence after seeing its strong arms. The flight time is the primary feature to consider while buying a drone. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus has a long-lasting flight time of about 25 mins. So, you can fly the drone a bit longer than other drones. If you have a spare battery, you can experience a longer flight time of about 50 mins.
4. Battery & Gimbal axis
A 5200 mAh LiPo battery is specially designed for the Phantom two series, which can only be charged with the DJI charger or a phantom car charger. The charging time to get maximum flight time is around 55 mins. LED lights present on the battery, which indicates the current charging time of the battery.
Vision plus comes with 3-axis gimbal stabilization, which provides stability to your drone. No matter in which direction you are operating the drone, the three-axis gimbal will make your camera take still and smooth pictures.
Waypoint is an advanced feature in vision plus, which helps your creativity in taking images. All you need to do is set multiple points on your way to the destination—a maximum of 16 waypoints you can set while operating the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The drone flies automatically, covering all waypoints. Hence you can concentrate on aerial photography and live video.
6. First-person View & Ready to fly
While flying vision plus, you can experience live photography and videos. You need to install DJI’s Vision app either in ios or android phones to experience this first-person view feature. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is a ready-to-fly quadcopter, so we need to install the parts separately. Without any waiting, you can enjoy flying drone with a remote controller.
- Manufacturer : DJI
- Item model number : Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0
- Product Dimensions : 17 x 8.1 x 12.5 inches
- Item Weight : 1.76 pounds
- Color : White
- Batteries : Lithium Metal batteries required
- Battery : 5,200-mAh
All about DJI
DJI is a Chinese technology company founded in 2006, well known as a leading producer in drones. The DJI company is also providing its services in different countries such as North America, Japan, Europe, Korea. DJI Drone products include UAV, flying platforms, operating controllers, helicopter accessories, aerial and handheld gimbals, etc. The DJI made its mark in producing advanced and quality based drones.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision + FPV Quadcopter Review
I am interested in taking pictures and videos of the environment, so I purchased the DJI Vision Plus RTF Drone. It gave me satisfaction in capturing HD pictures. This Review about Phantom Vision Plus DJI 2 Drones with Camera gives you all details about their design and other specific features. Here are some illustrations of the features of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone.
- The 3-axis gimbal is for extreme camera stability and silky smooth video recording.
- Phantom 2 Vision + FPV Drone is a lightweight quadcopter weighs about 2.2 pounds.
- The battery capacity is 5200mAh, which is a long-lasting battery. The battery in DJI Phantom 2 is very smart. It can hold power-related data like percentage of charge, cell voltage, temperature, current capacity, the number of discharge cycles, etc.
- LED lights in this model are not only used to view the UAV at night times but also to caution us about the remaining battery charge.
- Phantom drone 2 includes a new, anti-static compass with a protective shell to help the quadcopter’s shield in any flight conditions.
- When the controller and drone connection is lost, Phantom 2 Vision + automatically activates a Return to Home mode.
- In Phantom 2 DJI, we can program our flight path by using 16 waypoint Ground Station System.
- Hover mode feature gives more protection, i.e., during heavy winds, the flight will return to its take-off point.
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone has an excellent feature, i.e., it can revert to the home location whenever the battery starts discharging.
Features & Specifications of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus
As mentioned above, FPV Phantom 2 Vision Plus quadcopter is a ready-to-fly drone, hence no need to assemble the parts. All you need to do is charge the LiPo battery and place it in the battery compartment. Install the DJI Phantom app on your phone to synchronize Vision Plus with your smartphone.
After receiving the package, check whether the following parts are present inside the box or not.
- One Phantom Vision Plus Drone
- Remote controller
- HD camera
- 5200 mAh LiPo battery
- Spare screws and wrench
- Propeller pairs
- User manual
- Anti-drop kit
- Micro USB cable and other connectivity elements
- Never charge the battery in an explosive environment, i.e., near to the stove.
- Do not remove the Micro SD card when the flight battery is ON.
- Place the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus out of reach of children.
- For beginner flyers, safe propeller guards are recommended for flying this Phantom 2 Vision Plus flight.
- If you want to fly within the city, you must follow the FAA-designated flight limit, i.e., 400 feet.
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Just Got Mine Today. It’s Awesome.
I just got mine directly from China today DHL. Given it just came out, there isn’t too much feedback from actual customers. I had the Vision 2 before receiving this one so I can offer an accurate comparison. With the regular Vision 2, I could get about 700 feet without losing the wifi signal, but on the first flight with the Plus, I was able to reach 2100 feet, which was a HUGE improvement (this was in a dense commercial area with a lot of power lines). I think the FPV feature range must extend nearly as far as the remote signal. With the regular vision 2, this was not the case as the remote could control the copter exceeding 2,000 feet vs. the FPV of about 750 max based on my flights.
More than just a vision with gimbal
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision + is currently the best option for a fully assembled, ready-to-fly drone or quadcopter with a camera. Whether you need buttery smooth video footage or still photos from the air, I have found that Vision+ will be the least setup time, most beginner-friendly, and can be less expensive than assembling a custom solution to do the same job (especially if you need first-person-view, FPV).
The Vision+ standout feature is the 3-axis gimbal with the 1080p video camera (14 MP still photos) built right in. DJI made high-end gimbals and ventured into cameras late last year with the original Phantom 2 Vision, but that model had a single-axis gimbal with plastic construction. Now just over six months later comes the Vision+ with the same camera specs and an all-metal design that integrates both the camera and the gimbal into a sleek, lightweight alloy. Finally, this new gimbal lets the camera look straight down, giving you a point of view that wasn’t possible with the original Vision.
- Long flight time, i.e., 25 mins so that we can enjoy long-lasting flying this drone
- We can take HD images with Phantom 2 Vision Plus RC drone
- FPV feature we can experience active flying areas of drone, using Phantom Vision Plus drone
- Waypoint feature is an advantage which allows the drone fly automatically
- FPV Phantom DJI 2 vision + is an app-controlled quadcopter
- Because of its significant size, Phantom 2 Vision + Camera gimbal is used only for the outdoor purpose
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is not recommended for children and beginners
All three drones of DJI have different specifications. While the version 3 has a better camera than DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and 2 version, the other two have slightly better features. Whereas both 2 Vision+ and version 2 have the same features, the former has an extra live feature and the feature to add or connect your smartphone.
You can enable the follow mode, by using the app, “Vision Pilot Plus” through which you can control the drone
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ drone takes around 25 to 30 minutes to get fully charged, as mentioned in the specifications.
The maximum range of DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ drone is 2500 feet, up to which you can have a clear line of sight.
If you have experience flying a Quadcopter, then DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus is highly recommended for you. DJI Vision Plus Camera drone will give you confidence in capturing professional HD images and videos. Hence, These various advanced features collectively made DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus FPV quadcopter more famous in the drone world.
Are you ready to face the long flight time of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Drone? You will surely have a great time with this drone as it has many special and interesting features.