Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Review 2020
Are you looking for a Drone with a camera? Then Don’t worry. Let’s have a glance on the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition which fulfils all your requirements of a drone having two cameras. This Parrot AR is a smart Drone having many advanced features like high-definition live video streaming & recording to smartphone or tablet. It is available in many editions like GPS Edition, Power Edition, and Elite Edition. The standard AR Drone 2.0 gives you a choice of three camouflage styles: sand, snow, and jungle. Here, I am going to share my review of Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadcopter Sand version.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Overview
The Parrot 2.0 Elite Edition is a high-performance smartphone control Quadcopter IOS users can install the free flight app from the app store and access the drone without the accelerometer, and to switch from the frontal camera to the vertical camera. Similarly, Android users can also access the app from the play store. It also has a high definition camera with a video recording capability, plus flight data sharing and a patented piloting mode. It includes an innovative pressure sensor for increased stability at any altitude. Parrot’s amazing AR Drone 2. 0 Elite Edition quadcopter can even perform four axis flips on command. It has many other noteworthy features like durability, high-performance rate, and storage capacity.
The Parrot AR Drone Elite Edition is equipped with a high definition front camera that will let the pilot view exactly what the AR Drone 2.0 sees, just as if they were in the pilot seat. The automatic stabilization system of the AR Drone 2.0 will ensure an image of high quality indoors, or outdoors even in light wind conditions. Whether using a smartphone or a tablet, the pilot will see a clean, crystal clear image straight from the sky.
The user-friendly control interface will appear over the video feedback streamed straight from the AR Drone 2.0 has a self-generated Wi-Fi network and enables the drone with excellent picture quality. For users wishing to shoot longer videos, without using their smartphone/tablet memory, a USB plug is located inside the Parrot AR Drone Elite Edition for easy USB recording. Shoot as much footage as you want, and share easily on YouTube or Picasa when finished.
A brand new and exclusive piloting mode, patented by Parrot AR Drone 2.0. The Absolute Control piloting mode of Parrot AR Drone 2.0. makes life much easier for beginners, by only using your device position as a point of reference. The result is simple, regardless of which direction the front of the AR Drone 2.0 is facing; you have to tilt your smartphone in any direction to see the AR Drone 2.0 fly towards it. Hence, a beginner can now become an expert pilot in a matter of minutes.
A unique acrobatic move specifically designed for the Parrot Drone Elite Edition. Just press a button to perform an impressive forward, or backward flip, or barrel roll as you are flying. The embedded navigation system of the AR Drone 2.0 will automatically recover, enabling any new pilot to enjoy this movie.
Item model number
23 x 5 x 23 inches
1 Lithium Polymer batteries required
All about Parrot AR.Drone
Parrot AR Drone is a remote-controlled flying quadcopter helicopter built by the French company Parrot. The Drone is designed to be controlled by mobile or tablet operating systems such as the supported iOS or Android. The Parrot AR. The drone was revealed at the International CES 2010 in Las Vegas along with the demonstration of the iOS applications used to control it.
Along with AR. Freeflight, the application designed for free operation of the drone, Parrot also released AR. Race, allowing users to take part in single games, or interact with other drones in combat simulations.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Review
Let us see the different aspects to be considered to buy a drone. I want to keep a small note on this parrot ar. drone 2.0 elite edition quadcopter
- First of all, This Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition, is mainly suitable for video streaming and photography as it contains dual cameras.
- Another important aspect is you should check whether it is ready to fly or not. Coming to this Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition quadcopter it is ready to fly, and neither needs any installations nor set up. The only thing we have to do is to charge the battery and the charging time is around one hour 35 minutes.
- Easy to fly, This Parrot drone is very flexible to access and easy to fly. Our smartphones can control the flying drone by installing the FREE FLIGHT app from the play store or app store.
- You should make sure whether the drone is meant for the indoor or outdoor purpose, and this Parrot Drone is used for both the purposes. It contains the camera. It is mainly used for outdoor for aerial photography and video streaming.
This model does not require any installations. The only thing is we have to charge the battery. The charging time is approximately 35 minutes. The flight time of a Drone is 12 minutes. As it is an app controller drone, Hence we have to control the drone using our phones.
How to fly Parrot Drone & Connection To Smart Phone
- First of all, to fly the AR Drone install the hull to protect the AR. Drone in the case of a collision with another object.
- Set the AR Drone 2.0 on a flat dry surface in an area without any obstacles.
- Step back to a distance of 1 meter behind the device; the front of the device is easy to identify because of the camera.
- You should keep the Parrot AR Drone in sight at all times when operating it, to avoid injuries or damages to people, animals or property.
- Do not use the AR Drone 2.0 in unfavourable meteorological conditions (rain, strong wind, snow) or if visibility conditions are inadequate (at night).
- Avoid flying the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition in wind conditions of over 15 km/h.
- Make sure the battery belt is fastened and connect the battery to the AR Drone 2.0.
- Wait until the motors initialize.
- On your Smartphone, perform a search for available WiFi networks by tapping the training mode button.
- Select Settings > Wi-Fi. > The list of available Wi-Fi networks is displayed. Select “ardrone2”.
- Wait for your Smartphone to establish a connection with the AR Drone 2.0 Wi-Fi network.
- This connection is usually indicated by the appearance of the Wi-Fi logo on the screen of your Smartphone.
- Launch the free flight application, then, the welcome screen appears. You are connected and ready to fly.
- Keep hands, hair and lose clothing away from the rotors when the power switch is turned ON.
- Turn off controller and helicopter when not in use.
- Remove the battery(s) from the controller when not in use.
- Users should keep strict accordance with the instruction manual while operating the product.
- Your charger is made for the LiPo Polymer battery, and it should be used only for a particular parrot drone.
- Do not use the battery in any other drone.
- Follow the precautions carefully and enjoy happy flying.
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Best Drone to fly
It is simple to fly and pretty stable. I’ve taken it out in 15mph winds, and it handled fine. Anyone can operate it without experience, and also after a few hours of flight time; you will be a master. The camera takes decent video which streams to your phone or tablet real-time, and the video is automatically saved to your photos. It is pretty rugged and can hold up to some crashes.
My wife bought this drone for me Christmas. It has been a ton of fun thus far. The battery only lasts 11 min at best, so I bought an extra high-density battery between the two I get approx 23-26 mins of flight time back to back. I have flown it and crashed it around nine times, and it has held up very well without any broken parts, and it goes right back up in the air no problems. Everything else they boast about works as expected and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to have some fun without a lot of hassle. Hence, It’s a great gift to our loved ones.
The drone itself is an excellent drone. The biggest problem with this drone is the controller. There isn’t one. What I mean is, you use your smartphone to control the drone at all times. For everyone, this probably isn’t an issue. If you’re a kid who grew up in the smartphone era, I probably sound old, talking about touch controls not working very well, but it’s true, touch controls, don’t work as well as physical controls.
The Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition camera has 720 megapixels, which captures clear pictures and videos.
It can fly upto 50 meters.
The Flight time is around 12 minutes.
Yes,It has the Inbuilt camera.
Finally, As a conclusion, I want to say that this Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadcopter is exactly suitable for the children above 14 years and for those who thoroughly wants to enjoy the aerial views, Video Streamings and flying photography. Therefore, this parrot AR.drone satisfies all these requirements and entertains you exhaustively.