Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone Review 2022
Nowadays, the demand for drones has been greatly increased due to its advanced features. There are various brands of drones available in the market in various models and prices. Among them, the Yuneec Q500 4K typhoon grabs my attention by its standard traits. So, I bought this QuadCopter and felt very satisfied with the product. Now, I want to share my Yuneec Q500 4K review. Let us look at the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K Drone specs, features, and all information here and ratings.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K Overview
The Yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter is ready to fly Typhoon Quadcopter with CGO3-GB Camera with Steady Grip Aluminum Case. It had a frequency of 2.4 GHz and an integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera. It has 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120FPS slow-motion video. As it is an RTF drone, it doesn’t require any heavy setup or installations. This drone’s unique feature is a steady grip, which allows us to capture the crystal clear video footage. The camera quality of this drone is 12 megapixels and gives excellent footage from the aerial view. Finally, we can say that this is the high-performance drone that moves with great speed and gives immense pleasure to the pilot.
- Watch Me and Follow Me & Ready to fly
- Return to home & Distortion-free lens
- Camera & Storage Capacity
1. Watch Me and Follow Me & Ready to fly
When this follow me is enabled, the aircraft is leased to the pilot, controlling the location. With this feature, flying and capturing the video following the pilot is comfortable, flexible. When watch me is enabled, the 4K camera stays pointed at the pilot, holding the ST10+, in focus and frame, no matter how the drone is navigated.
This Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K is ready to fly out of the box. So, it neither requires installations nor set up. The package includes Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF Aluminum Case with CGO3 Camera+ST10+ Steady Grip.
2. Return to home & Distortion-free lens
Switch the Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon to home mode, and then the copter will fly back towards the pilot’s location, holding the ST10+. It will automatically land within 13 to 26 feet, i.e., approximately 4 to 8 meters from the pilot.
The CGO3 camera features a 115-degree wide-angle distortion-free lens that allows you to capture the pictures from different angles and gives us immense joy in photography and video streaming.
3. Camera & Storage Capacity
The camera quality of the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K is good, i.e., 12 megapixels, and the picture clarity is crystal clear from the aerial view. The video resolution is great and it is 1080p / 120 FBS. The storage capacity of this Yuneec typhoon 4k quadcopter can be extended from 4 GB to 128 GB. Hence, We can store ample pictures and videos.
- Manufacturer : Yuneec
- Item model number : YUNQ4KUS
- Max Flight Time : 25 minutes
- Batteries : 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required
- Video capacity : 1080p / 120fps
- Product Dimensions : 22.2 x 16.5 x 9.4 inches
- Item Weight : 2.5 pounds
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K for Slae
Yuneec International is a Chinese aircraft manufacturer started by Tian Yu based in Jinxi, Kunshan, in Jiangsu. Yuneec markets its aircraft in the United States through GreenWing International. They built the first successful electric-powered paraglider that was manufactured in series production, the EPac. From there, they designed a series of electric motors, the Yuneec Power Drive series, the all-composite E430, and the EViva motor glider.
Yuneec Q500 4K Review
The Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon is the best drone I have ever experienced. It is the best drone for the people who are mainly aiming at photography and video streaming. It has many unique and advanced features.
- It can fly both indoor and outdoor but, mainly suitable for outdoor as we can capture photos and videos in different aerial views.
- Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K is ready to fly a drone.
- This typhoon is flexible to access and easy to control with the remote controller.
- Built-in GPS and Wifi gives us remarkable flight experience.
- It is rated as the most durable and reliable quadcopter.
- The flight time of this drone is good, i.e., 25 minutes.
- It has a no-distortion lens and a steady handheld grip for capturing videos.
- The storage capacity is awesome. We can store upto 128 Gb.
- Hence, I can say that this is a perfect drone for photography.
Installation of Yuneec Q500 4k Typhoon
As this is ready to fly a drone, it doesn’t require any installations. The only thing to do is to charge the battery and fix the propellers. Install the corresponding propeller by rotating it trailing edge first until it‘s secure against the O-ring located at the bottom of the motor shaft. Continue to screw down the propeller turns more to ensure it is properly tightened. Use gloves while tightening the propellers.
- Always turn on the ST10+ and allow it to boot up before switching the Yuneec Typhoon 4k Quadcopter.
- Place the QuadCopter on a level, and stable surface then slides the power switch to the ‘ON’ position.
- The Main LED status indicator on the bottom indicates when the initialization is complete.
- When the drone is in smart mode with GPS, lock it glows green and flashes white, indicating follow me.
- If the Typhoon is in Smart Mode without GPS lock, Flashes green, off for one second.
- If you do not have a GPS lock, move the Typhoon to a different area and turn it off again.
- Step back approximately 26 steps behind the Yuneec Q500 4k Typhoon.
- Press and hold the red start/stop button for three seconds to start the motors.
- To take off, raise the left-hand stick to above the center position then, the Yuneec Q500 4k typhoon takeoff and climb slowly.
- Allow the stick to return to the center position when the Yuneec Typhoon 4k Quadcopter reaches the desired altitude. Hence, you can enjoy with a flying drone.
- Keep your hands, face, and other body parts away from the spinning propellers/rotor blades.
- Always operate your aircraft in open areas that are free from people, vehicles, and other obstructions.
- Never fly near or above crowds, airports, or buildings.
- Always keep a safe distance in all directions around your aircraft to avoid collisions and injury.
- To ensure safe operation of the automatic landing in home mode, start the motors with the plane to position at least 10 feet of open space and achieve a proper GPS lock.
- Never operate your aircraft in poor or adverse weather conditions.
- Always operate your aircraft with a fully charged battery and land as soon as the low voltage battery warning appears.
- Keep the plane insight and keep the transmitter powered on.
- Remove the batteries after use and store them.
- Be safe, and enjoy flying.
The Amazon customer ratings for this Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K got much positive feedback from the customers. So, Let’s have a glance at these reviews.
Easy and fun to fly
I’ve been using the drone for a few months and wanted to give Yuneec Q500 4K review. I primarily use it for hobby photography. But as a land surveyor, I partially use it for aerial photography and 3D modeling. The copter works great out of the box—no need to use your phone or any additional hardware or software. Out of the box, it is ready to fly. Controls are easy to learn, which makes it a great copter to start. The camera quality makes it an excellent drone to use for years. The only drawback is the lack of georeferencing for the photos. If you are using the copter for photography or inspection, this shouldn’t be much of an issue.
Great upgrade and worth for the price
It is an all-inclusive, fantastic 4K quad kit. I have had the first Q500 for some time and wanted to stay on the same platform for shooting 4K, which does the trick. The seller was perfect for dealing with, and the quadcopter showed up in a new condition, as stated in the description.
I will say this drone is a blast to fly! So easy and takes amazing videos and shots in 4k. Operating and handling the drone in the air is a breeze. The steady grip is also a cool bonus you get. I was able to take a professional real estate video walkthrough using only the SteadyGrip, and the Q500 4k camera mounted on it. You’ll have to play with the video settings a bit to get good indoor shots.
- Ready to Fly
- Good camera quality & video streaming
- High Performance
- It moves with great speed
- Worth for price
- Controlled by both RC and app
- It has some connectivity issues
The range of Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone is around 150- 200 feet.
To fly Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone
1. Make sure to charge the RC and drone
2. Left hand side stick on RC is control the altitude of the drone to ascend or descend the drone
3. Turning it to left and right you can turn the drone to left or right side
4. You can select from different types of flight modes
To update my Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone
1. Transfer all the ST10+ firmware files to an empty microSD card and insert it into the SD card slot
2. Power on the ST10+, select ‘System Settings’ and click ‘OK’
3. Click ‘About Flight Mode Control’ and ‘Radio Control Update’, then select TX file ‘st10plus_tx_b32.bin’ from the microSD card and click ‘ Update Tx’. After updating, click ‘Finish’
4. Click on ‘System Update’ and click ‘OK’
You can calibrate the Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone by connecting it with the controller, after which you need to fly your drone a few height above the ground in perpendicular position, till you see a light blinking from the drone
In Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone where the micro usb port is located there is a little hole near it. Get a paper clip and press the button inside the hole hold it for 10 seconds and release and then power on the drone. The reset is done.
No, you cannot get all the parts along with the drone while buying from Amazon. U have to assemble them.
So, finally, in this Yuneec Q500 4K review, I want to conclude that this is the most suitable quadcopter for photography lovers, and the beginners can even enjoy the excellent pilot experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the flight experience and completely satisfied with its outstanding features. So, I strongly recommend this Yuneec Typhoon 4K Quadcopter.